How to Sell Clothes for Money on Instagram: The Ultimate Guide
Looking for a place to sell your old clothes and earn some extra cash? Look no further as Instagram is all you need! Here is how to sell clothes for money on Instagram!
There are a million reasons why you should love and use Instagram – it is a great place to socialize and find your friends, you will discover lots of new products, brands, bloggers, and etc, and it is an endless supply of beautiful and amazing photos. Also, it is a great place to earn some money. Yes, there is a whole world of e-commerce out there and you can make a lot of money by selling your old clothes, clothes that don’t fit you anymore, and etc.
The good news is that this platform attracts a lot of potential buyers and people who are looking to buy some great pieces of clothes for extra affordable prices.
Instagram proved to be a great revenue stream for Ashley Steenhoven who runs a small consignment store in Tennessee. The name of the store is Bloom Designer Finds and she runs the store since January 2014. One day, one of her employees suggested she get online on Instagram to start selling some of her pieces and Steenhoven agreed. At that point of her life, she had never been or used Instagram, which is why she wanted to give it a try. Within a few months, she gathered more than 1000 followers which is a solid number. Her business started to take off really quickly and according to her, that was a result of a combination of the use of hashtags, as well as, word of mouth among her satisfied customers. Today, she has more than 40 sales per day thanks to Instagram which generate almost a quarter of her overall profit.
We hope this story will inspire you and you will take advantage of Instagram and its huge money-making potential. Here is how to start your own Instagram store and start selling clothes for money online!
- Start with a post about who you are, what your small business is all about, include some background information, and try to make people feel comfortable when shopping your items.
- The next thing you should do is come up with your own shopping policies post. You need to come up with your own hashtag so you and your customers can use it in every future post. Also, you need to think of things such as shipping and delivery, when payment is required, whether or not you will be able to ship internationally, and etc. It is recommendable to include your email address or contact number so people know where and how to reach you if they have any questions.
- According to experts, it is recommendable to include the shipping price in your amount. If the shipping is not included in the price, people will think it is more expensive to purchase your products. Make sure to make a note of that so your buyers know exactly what they are paying for.
- When posting your items for sale, include hashtags related to the items you are selling, the name of your store, and other popular hashtags such as #instacloset, #shopmycloset, #instasale, #clothesforsale, and etc.
- The go-to payment method on Instagram is Paypal, so before you list your items for sale, make sure to create an account. Please keep in mind that PayPal takes a fee of each invoice, so you can include that fee when pricing your items.
We hope these tips will help you create a successful store on Instagram and start selling clothes like a pro!